Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Prayers and God

There are many scriptures in the Bible in regards to a faithful believer & prayers that are heard by God. My faith in God is so strong, but at times I do wavier. I believe that all believers waiver at some point in their life-because we are all human no matter how we look at life. Our hurts can become so strong at times that life becomes unfair in our eyes, yet I continue to remember a song by Karen Peck and New River called Four Days Late.

Here they are! Pay special attention to the words especially those in
the last verse & the chorus. I have to remember this all the time & pray my faith grows daily in my Lord.

Lyrics to "Four Days Late"Written by Aaron Wilburn
Performed by Karen Peck and New River
>The news came to Jesus, Please come fastLazarus is sick and without your help he will not lastMary and Martha watched their brother dieThey waited for Jesus, He did not come And they wondered why.


>The death watch was over, Buried four daysSomebody said He'll soon be here, the Lord's on His wayMartha ran to Him and then she criedLord if you had been here You could have healed himHe'd still be alive


>But You're four days late And all hope is goneLord we don't understand why you've waited so long But His way is God's way Not yours or mine When He's four days late He's still on time

>Jesus said Martha show me the grave, But she said LordYou don't understand He's been there four daysThe grave stone was rolled back, Then Jesus criedLazarus come forth then somebody saidHe's alive, He's alive

>But You're four days late And all hope is goneLord we don't understand why you've waited so longBut His way is God's way Not yours or mineWhen He's four days late He's still on time

>You may be fighting a battle of fearYou've cried to the Lord I need You nowBut he has not appeared. Friend don't be discouragedCause He's still the sameHe'll soon be here He'll roll back the stoneAnd He'll call out your name

>But You're four days late And all hope is gone Lord we don't understand why you've waited so long But His way is God's way Not yours or mine When He's four days late He's still on time

Our oldest son went through a nasty divorce this past year. His ex has been very cruel to all of us & none of us are allowed to his daughter, our granddaughter. She tried hard to make me the reason her marriage failed with my son, but when she could not, she made horrible acquisitions against him. He was cleared of all charges but she has done everything in her power to keep us all from seeing their precious little girl. It is so sad how Satan can take over someones mind to the point that they feel they can do such evil things to a family.

Her family has backed her up, although they know what was done was wrong. Life is so short for this kind of stuff to go on. I know in the end that she will have to explain to God why she let Satan influence her so much to be so evil. We all belong to the same faith, yet she has judged us all unmerciful. I think of the scripture that the way one judges someone, they will be judge that way in the end. I pray hard that I not judge her, but pray for her & her family's souls. Sometimes it is hard.

My son has a tentative date for a hearing to get his visitation set up, but she is fighting this. She has already remarried, less than a year after her divorce. She brought her 'boyfriend' out of the closet the day their divorce was final. Yes it was a male friend, someone she had been seeing while still married to our son. She planned her divorce months before she filed. It hurts so deep, please pray that the visitation can be set up as nicely as possible. Pray we can all agree to accept each other, letting us all share in this precious little girl's life.

We are all going to be there to support our son when the hearing is heard. We know he needs us as much as she will have her family there. Pray for both families that we can all be agreeable in sharing in this little girl's life, our granddter's life. Pray that I can remain humble with my love & prayers for my ex-dtr in law & her family. I struggle so. My knitting gets intense at times when I mourn not seeing our granddtr. I just try to do our best & keep on doing the best I can. God's Blessings

No comments: